4th Annual MSWIT BUS Fam Field Trip to Louisiana River Parishes
Because of the threat of severe weather conditions, this event has been postponed until Tuesday, May 16.
Thanks to Willma Harvey, DOS & Business Development for River Parishes Tourist Commission, we have a fantastic day planned for this year's Mid South Women In Tourism all day FAM trip to Louisiana's River Parishes (St. Charles, St. James & St. John Parishes) taking place on TUESDAY, MARCH 28.
We will board the Hotard Bus at 8:15 am in the parking lot of the new GAME ON SOCIAL HUB attraction at 2421 Veterans Hwy in Kenner (just past Home Depot at Roosevelt) Thank you Christy Dillard. Thanks to Leslie Brewer, DOS at both Destrehan Plantation & Houmas House, and the Louisiana River Parishes staff, we will have some coffee and donuts & water available before you board the bus.
The bus will depart PROMPTLY at 8:30 am and head to our first stop...
- DESTREHAN PLANTATION - where Dianne "Gumbo" Marie Honore will give her special "Unheard Voices of the German Coast" tour.
- The adventure continues on the Manchac Greenway as we stop for a moment at the entrance to ZIP NOLA , the region's fully aquatic swamp zipline. On the bus, we will learn more details about this 2 hour adventure and a few of us might win tickets and we will all learn how to receive discount coupons as a "Louisiana resident".
- CAJUN PRIDE SWAMP TOUR will then take us through the Manchac swamp and a unique history of the Cajun town of Frenier.
- Next...we head across the river to enjoy a delicious cajun lunch buffet at SPUDDY'S CAJUN COOKING EXPERIENCE, including comedic/chef Spuddy Faucheaux himself giving the culinary history of the River Parishes.
- The journey ends with an amazing experience at the GREAT RIVER ROAD STEAMBOAT MUSEUM at Houmas House Estate and Gardens.
COST: $35/Members (only a handful of tickets left as of 3/12/23) MUST BE PREPAID PRIOR TO THE Tour.
To RSVP, please reply to this email or email email@example.com directly if you have any questions or would like to bring a potential member with you.
To Pay Online with credit card, please click HERE and fill in the total amount of your payment. If you prefer receiving an advance invoice, we can do that as well.
MSWIT T-SHIRTS -- If you already have a T-Shirt from last year, please wear it. If you would like to purchase a new shirt, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org We will have a few shirts available on the bus for $20 - Sizes Large and XL. If you don't purchase a shirt, consider wearing a Royal Blue top and you will blend in with all attendees.